Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Gazetta Dea Atalanta

La Gazetta Dea Atalanta

Atalanta Bergamo has officially announced the appointment of Jack Sorensen as the club's new manager, ushering in a new era for the team. While the club did a great prior season finishing third, this season is proving more complicated and a new wind was much needed. As happy to finally have a Manager, the Tifosi might be surprised to see Sorensen taking the lead. Although the Belgian is a seen as dynamic and innovative coach known for his tactical prowess, and ability to get the best out of his squads, his lack of top level experience might concern the core of tifosi. However, the offensive style prone by the Belgian, leading to one domestic cup with Standard de Liège, should be convince the fans rather quickly. The challenge now falls to Sorensen to build upon that legacy and take the club to new heights.

A Fresh Continuity for La Dea
    In his first official press conference, Sorensen expressed his excitement about joining Atalanta and his vision for the team’s future.
    "I am honored to be entrusted with the responsibility of leading Atalanta, a club with such a rich history and passionate fanbase. My goal is to continue the club’s tradition of attacking, fast-paced football while integrating some fresh ideas that can help us compete at the highest level," Sorensen said.

Coaching Experience and Philosophy
    Sorensen's journey is summarized in 3 words. Standard de Liège. Indeed the young coach started his career with the SL16, the Standard’s youth team playing in Proximus League (Belgian second level), he quickly moved up the ranks until he joins the A-Team in 2022, earning a reputation for his offensive football by the way. After the last financial setback known by Standard, Sorensen decided to try a new experience approved and took the opportunity to coach Atalanta as his philosophy of football closely aligns with Atalanta’s identity, making him a natural fit for the club.
    "I’ve directly fallen in love with the club and the city of Bergamo. It felt like home. I pretty sure that we will be in Harmony really quick” Sorensen said.

What’s Next for Atalanta?
    With Sorensen at the helm, Atalanta fans will be eager to see how the team evolves under his leadership. His first major test will come in the form of the Darren Bradwell Cup Quarter finals (final score 0-0 against Sevilla).
    "This deadline is fast approaching. We have a good idea of the squad, but we'll need more time to establish our game plan. Although we're not starting out as favorites, I can assure you that we won't be a bird in the hand.” Sorensen said.

The Future Looks Bright
    With Sorensen's arrival, Atalanta enters a period of both excitement and expectation. For the Bergamo faithful, the journey under Jack Sorensen is just beginning, and it promises to be one filled with hope, ambition, and thrilling football.
Working...
X