• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut The Crap with Jerry Smith - ft Thom Hughes

Cut The Crap
    With Jerry Smith

"Hope rises for Benfica Brilliance as new manager Thom Hughes is appointed"

Reporter (Jerry Smith) - "There have been rumors, there have been whispers and there has certainly been doubters but I am truly honored to be here with the newly appointed Benfica manager Thom Hughes!"

Have you anything to say to the fans or maybe anything to quiet the doubters?"

Thom Hughes - "Good afternoon Jerry! Its good to be back! I've always had a very special place in my heart for the Benfica Club and it's fans. I always knew i would come back from the day i left all those years ago.

To see Benfica at the bottom of the league truly does break my heart and i felt it was time i stepped in and helped the fans regain the hope and belief that Benfica is a top side.

And Jerry we both know that doubters will come and go they will take whatever scraps they can get and try and turn it into some kind of story but this doesn't bother me and with my leadership behind them it wont effect the players either."

Reporter (Jerry Smith) - "sounding very confident there Mr Hughes something the Benfica Club has been in desperate need for all season.

Talking about Mr Hughes there has been a lot of speculation if Mr D.Hughes will be joining you on coaching the team. will Derek have a role at the club and if so what will it be?"

Thom Hughes - "My father Derek Hughes is the best Manager this games ever seen and his legacy is one still spoken about even after his departure from Roma but i believe it's time i make my own legacy and have chosen to leave him out of the coaching team. He will definitely be a close advisor as he's already completed the path I'm about to take Benfica on but he won't be in the teams locker room before the games or on the training pitch with the lads.

Even in his dominating rain over Division 1 i could still see holes in his coaching style and the way he would have his boys play and i believe i can patch these holes and create a team with more consistent and dominating victory's. I definitely believe Benfica will be gracing division 1 with it's presence soon enough but there are a lot of foundational problems i need to fix before Benfica's time at the top."

Reporter (Jerry Smith) - "A very bold claim there Mr Hughes. currently sat at the bottom of the pile and already claiming that you will be taking over Division 1. How can you assure the fans that you will get there?"

Thom Hughes - "well Jerry wouldn't you like to know! I've spent the morning with coach Mic at the academy and what he's building there is a really promising sight some of those boys can really play and will definitely have a spot at the club when the time is right. Our current starting line up has an average age of 27 which means most of them wont be joining us in Division 1. With the help of my good friend Mic down at the academy i am looking to bring that average age down and create a team full of youth ,passion and fury. there aren't enough games left this season for me to really make much of a difference just yet but i believe Benfica will at least climb out of the bottom 5.

I've got a lot to attend to today so I'm afraid i only have time for one more question, make it a good one Jerry"

Reporter (Jerry Smith) - "Well there are a lot of great sides down in Division two with you is there anyone you are particularly worried about ?"

Thom Hughes - "Look there are some spicy starting 11's down here but as i assured the Benfica Boys earlier today there isn't anyone that worries me, we will take it one game at a time and soon everyone will realize these other teams: Dan at Porto, Euan at Marseille, Peter at Villarreal or even AB at PSG are all just minor speed bumps on the road to greatness.

I'm not worried about any of them just excited for when we find our stride and expose them all to the true Benfica Brilliance!!!"

Reporter (Jerry Smith) - "well you heard it here first folks Thom Hughes at Benfica set to show the world the true Benfica Brilliance, hope to catch you next time I've been Jerry Smith and this is Cut The Crap!"

AB@Juventus Didn't realize he wasn't at PSG anymore

Comment

• Steve@Chelsea
      Steve@Chelsea commented
      Editing a comment
      PSG was renamed Juventus

781 word count

Comment

Working...
    X