• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPT Quarter Final 1st Leg Match Reaction

None Missing

No Errors

Liverpool 3 Blackburn 2

We expected another counter attacking approach from Tony and plucked up the courage to play the unreliable E hoping that home and tactical bonus would finally get us a result against him.

We took the lead after 10 minutes but within a minute Rovers had levelled. We quickly went back ahead and then on the half hour stretched our lead to 3-1 and were looking in a really strong position. We anticipated that Tony may switch to attacking if he went 2 behind so we changed tactic to a counter attacking style but Rovers continued to stick with this approach too.

We would have been more than happy for the last hour to be a C v C cancel each other type thing but midway through the 2nd half Salah got one back for the visitors and 3-2 is how it finished. We looked to have shaded the play so I think the narrow win is just about right but it's very much still game on. I'm sure Tony will still fancy his side's chances and whereas we were fairly sure how they would set up in this one I think it'll be more difficult to predict their approach in the 2nd leg.

Don't concede and we're through - but with Onana between the sticks it's a nailed on certainty that we will.

Played Tony​ - see you again shortly

Comment

Celtic 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid

Atletico manager Simon Marsh was looking to take steps towards his first FFO semi-final. Celtic had already won at Atletico this season and nothing could be taken for granted.
      The game couldnt have gone much better with goals through K_Havertz (12), R_Sessegnon (13,24). Celtic pulled one back but Saint_Maximin (92) put the icing on the cake with a late fourth that should surely see Atletico into the semis.

Manager Simon Marsh commented "We are wise enough to know the tie is not fully over. We should progress but injuries/suspensions could hit or we could have red cards on the day that change the tie. We will therefore treat the game with respect although one or two fringe players may get a few minutes. Mati may play Neres/Weston who could do with a full 90 so team news could be interesting".

Comment

Originally posted by Livi@Liverpool View Post
        Liverpool 3 Blackburn 2

We expected another counter attacking approach from Tony and plucked up the courage to play the unreliable E hoping that home and tactical bonus would finally get us a result against him.

We took the lead after 10 minutes but within a minute Rovers had levelled. We quickly went back ahead and then on the half hour stretched our lead to 3-1 and were looking in a really strong position. We anticipated that Tony may switch to attacking if he went 2 behind so we changed tactic to a counter attacking style but Rovers continued to stick with this approach too.

We would have been more than happy for the last hour to be a C v C cancel each other type thing but midway through the 2nd half Salah got one back for the visitors and 3-2 is how it finished. We looked to have shaded the play so I think the narrow win is just about right but it's very much still game on. I'm sure Tony will still fancy his side's chances and whereas we were fairly sure how they would set up in this one I think it'll be more difficult to predict their approach in the 2nd leg.

Don't concede and we're through - but with Onana between the sticks it's a nailed on certainty that we will.

Played Tony​ - see you again shortly
        I wasn't sure what to play and opted to be rather cautious being away from home and a man down in defence due to injury but it did not help our cause, We shipped in 3 goals and have given ourselves a mountain to climb in the second leg.

Well done Graeme! about time you showed up for a game vs us haha

Comment

Working...
        X